A Global 500 manufacturing firm was struggling to get traction from an expensive leadership development program for high potential Directors and Vice Presidents.
The action learning teams, which were a core part of the program, were failing to complete assigned projects.
The Rocket Model framework was used to launch the action learning teams. The new teams spent one day using the framework and tools to:
- clarify the context and identify key stakeholders for their projects
- gain consensus on key deliverables
- clarify roles and task responsibilities
- establish a four-month meeting schedule
- create decision-making and accountability norms
- and build a detailed action plan
In addition, the teams assessed their effectiveness against the eight Rocket Model componentsafter two months and made necessary adjustments.
All of the action learning teams were successful in meeting deadlines and delivering their recommendations to the company’s senior management team.